AWS for System Administrators
This course provides a hands-on examination of the key concepts, technologies, products and services used by in a typical AWS infrastructure.
The course begins with a simple setup of an application. Proceeds to walk the operations engineers through the complete operations lifecycle, including pushing a “production ready” app to AWS and configuring a simple H/A solution.
The focus is on the system administration aspects of AWS instead of the development aspects.
- Overview / Review of AWS
- Working with AWS
- Meta-services v. DIY solutions
- Key-meta services: Storage, compute, networking, database, deployment, management, etc.
- Relating meta-services to Intuit infrastructure
- Software development process and operations – managing the intersection of both
- SDK Recipes for Meta-services (each meta-service will be covered)
- Setup / Configuration / Administration
- Monitoring / Notifications / Interactions
- Best practices
- Tying it all together – Client Case Study