About this Course
This five-day instructor-led hands-on course prepares you for configuring a Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) solution in a multisite environment.
Focusing primarily on CUCM v7.x/8.x, you will learn basic administrative tasks, such as configuring users and associating them with phones, as well as more advanced topics, such as unified mobility, Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP), H.323 gateways, and media resources.
In today's business world, globalization is key, so you will build dial plans to place on-net and off-net phone calls in North American and European sites. You'll learn how to globalize your dial plan using E.164 addressing and how to implement routing and calling privileges based on location.
Finally, our Cisco Unified Communications Manager Software v8.0 prepares you for Cisco Exam 642-447 CIPT1.
- Network professionals who install, configure, and manage Cisco Unified Communications solutions
- CCNP Voice candidates
At Course Completion
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- How the CUCM administrative and service GUIs work
- Activate, start, and stop CUCM services
- Configure base CUCM components, such as date time groups, device pools, Call Manager groups, and other common elements
- Add and delete phones manually and using auto registration
- Use the BAT tool to add phones and users and to change configurations
- Add users, assign them capabilities, and associate them with phones
- Configure phone features: Music on Hold and phone services
- Set up media resources to use for MOH and conferencing
- The NANP
- Build a dial plan including route patterns, route lists, and route groups supporting both the NANP and dialing in Europe
- Deploy line/device Class of Service using partitions and calling search spaces and translation patterns for call blocking
- Investigate globalization using E.164 addressing
- Configure advanced Class of Service capabilities, such as time of day routing, client matter codes, and forced access codes
- Call coverage (hunt lists) and configuration
- Unified mobility (single number reach)
- Configure Presence and Busy Lamp Fields (BLFs)
- Configure DSP resources
- Working knowledge of fundamental terms and concepts of computer networking, including LANs, WANs, and IP switching and routing.
- Ability to configure and operate Cisco routers and switches and to enable VLANs and DHCP
- Basics of digital interfaces, PSTN, and VoIP
- Fundamental knowledge of converged voice and data networks
- Ability to configure Cisco IOS gateways with traditional and VoIP call legs
Preferred but not required are:
- Introducing Cisco Voice and Unified Communications Administration (ICOMM) v8.0
- Implementing Cisco Voice Communications and QoS (CVOICE) v8.0
About this Modality:
With engaging content, Hollywood style HD content delivery, and exceptional instructors, our blended learning solution for Cisco is designed to drastically improve traditional boring online and video-based training.
Attend scheduled Live Instructor-led classes (online) for 2 hours per day, over the course of 2 weeks (Mon. - Thur.). Then you have 1 full year to access a studio-quality recording of the class (as often as you want) and perform the hands-on / mentored labs whenever you want (over the course of 1 year).
Our Blended Learning Solution includes all of the following for this Cisco Class:
- All Live scheduled courses and all corresponding 24/7 instant replay access for 1 year
- View instant replay on your tablet or smartphone
- Taught with the structure of real world application and solutions
- 1 year Live labs at your fingertips
- 24/7/365 Elite Mentoring
- Boson practice exams – practice for certification
- Progress reports
*Cisco Learning Credits are accepted